My birthday is in the middle of January, so when I turned 25 I went out, bought myself a travel journal, took a couple of pictures, glued said pictures to popsicle sticks, and Flat Kelly was born.
I wanted to do 25 things for myself in my 25th year; Flat Kelly is one of them. Thanks to some lovely friends that I've made through a writing group and some of my 'real life' friends, I think that Flat Kelly will make it to at least 25 cities. The ultimate goal would be to make it to 25 countries, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that one.
The Flat Kelly package includes the following...
- The Flat Kelly travel journal - inside the journal is a personal message from me thanking all the wonderful people who will encounter Flat Kelly over the next year. There's also a Flat Kelly challenge in case they get her and have no idea what to do with her. The rest of the pages are to be filled by the people who get Flat Kelly - they can leave personal messages, glue in ticket stubs, restaurant menus, etc. I'm super excited to get this back at the end of the year!
- Not one, but four different Flat Kelly photos. Why did I do four? Well, originally I was going to do two front and back Flat Kelly's. But obviously my handy camera-man and I were not so great at sizing them up correctly, so we ended up with four instead. I think this is for the best - in the event that one Flat Kelly is damaged, there's always another one right there!
- There's Excited Kelly (who could double as Scared Kelly, if need be)
- There's Kelly-Is-Not-Impressed (thank you, McKayla Maroney for the inspiration)
- There's Nice Kelly #1 (who I feel has a more summer, tropical vibe to her)
- There's Nice Kelly #2 (who has more of that sophisticated feel... or I'm just making crap up now).